Now many banks ask for Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited (CIBIL) report for sanctioning loans to individuals/companies etc. This report will give credit score to the applicant based on his banking transactions in the past. In order to get the report , we have to do the following:
For online applications
We can access our CIBIL report for a nominal fee of Rs.470. Go to the following site using internet:
https://www.cibil.com/online. Credit score ranges from 300 to 900. The credit score and credit information report( CIR) is full evidence of one’s credit worthiness. All lenders check one’s credit score before approving the loan. The higher our credit score, higher are the chances of loan approval. 80% of the loans approvaed are for individuals with a score greater than 750.
The steps involved are:
- First we have to complete the form for getting credit score. It has got six sub-heads which mainly ask you about your personal details, contact details, identification details etc. We will be required to send soft copies of identity proof and address proof.
- Then payment of Rs. 470 through netbanking, debit/credit card etc. We will get a unique CIBIL registration ID and transaction ID as a confirmation on successful completion of our online payment
- Authentication process- we will be asked 3-5 questions about your loans and credit cards to proceed. We will be required to send soft copies of identity proof and address proof.
- If authentication is successful, we can instantly access our credit score and CIR. These will be emailed also separately.
- If authentication is not successful, then we have to follow the instructions to complete the process and to receive our credit score and CIR by express delivery.
- However, if after payment if the authentication fails completely ,then, you need to take a printout of the receipt for online payment and mail it to the below mentioned CIBIL address along with your proofs.
Consumer Relations: Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited,
Hoechst House, 6th Floor, 193 Backbay Reclamation,
Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021, India.
If we want to get them offline, then we will have to take a printout of the application form, duly fill it and get a Demand Draft (DD) made worth Rs. 470. Again we have to attach the copies of identity and address proofs along and send it to the above mentioned address.
Also, if we wish to purchase only your Credit Information Report ( not CIR) which is available offline only by submitting a DD for just Rs. 154 and follow the above mentioned process.
– Venkata Ramani