- The advance reservation period of Tatkal scheme shall be reduced from two days at present to one day excluding the day of journey from the train originating station. For example, if train is to depart from the originating station on the second of the month, the Tatkal quota for that particular train shall open at 0800 hours on the first of the month.
- There shall be no refund on confirmed Tatkal tickets to the exceptions such as cancellation of trains, late running of trains, etc.
- No duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- Tatkal tickets shall be sold only on production of one of the eight prescribed Identity cards as proof of identity. For this purpose, a self attested photo copy of the ID on which the passenger(s) proposes to travel shall be attached to the requisition slip. The details of the identity proof shall be captured by the system and indicated on the reserved tickets as well on the chart. During the journey, the passenger will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket. Tatkal tickets will be soon linked to AADHAAR.
- The agents both web service agents and web agents shall also be restricted from booking Tatkal tickets on the internet between 0800 hrs. and 1000 hrs.
- Even for internet booking for Tatkal tickets, the passenger shall enter the identity proof type and number, which is to be used for travel. These details shall be printed on the ERS as well as the chart for Tatkal tickets.
- There shall be only four passengers per PNR for Tatkal tickets.
C.R. Venkata Ramani